Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gasland Quote

I just finished rewatching Gasland, and I pulled this great quote from John Fentons, the farmer from Wyoming, who says:
This is my way of life, you know. My father and my grandfather were old time cowboys, you know. And my grandfather on my mom's side were farmers in Nebraska. This is my family heritage, you know. This is our family farm. We're proud of this. But, by god, if your way of life is being besieged, and your health is under attack, I don't know what else you can do. I don't know where else I can go... The biggest thing I want people to know is you're not alone if this is happening to you. I'm in the same boat as you are. And what we need to do is we need to get together and we need to stand up, and we need to speak with a unified voice and we need to stand up to these assholes.
If you want to find the original source, he starts at around 42:30 into the movie, in the "Easter in Wyoming" chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment